Mountain Amateur Radio Club
The Mountain Amateur Radio Club VE team is affiliated with, and accredited by, the ARRL/VEC. The MARC VE Team GENERALLY offers VE sessions at 10:00 A.M. on the first Saturday of the odd numbered months.
While walk-ins are always welcome, we do appreciate knowing how many people are planning to attend. If possible, please contact our VE Team Contact person Dean Buckhouse (KBØVVA), and indicate which exams you are planning to take.
Testing Location is Woodland Park Library, 218 E Midland Ave, South Side Downstairs
Please be sure to bring the following items to the session:
- A valid photo ID (driver's license preferred) and/or ORIGINAL birth certificate. If you do not have a valid picture ID, then two other forms of identification are required.
- Your ORIGINAL amateur radio license (if any) AND a photocopy for the VE Team to keep.
- The ORIGINAL of any valid CSCEs you may have AND a photocopy for the VE Team to keep.
- Cash, check, or money order for $15.00 (standard ARRL VE Fee). Checks and money orders should be made out to MARC. This fee will cover all of the different exams you wish to take at the VE session. Please see the MARC VE team policy on retesting below.
- Pens/pencils (blue or black in color).
- Calculator with its memory cleared (NOTE: VEs may check the memory of calculators prior to an applicant's taking of an exam element).
The MARC VE Team has developed a policy on retesting at the same session. While you may take as many different exams as you wish at one session, MARC VE Team policy is that same day re-tests are not permitted on failed exam elements.
It is the hope of the MARC VE team that all applicants come and have an enjoyable experience at our sessions, and we look forward to seeing you there!
Upcoming VE session Dates:
For a listing of other upcoming VE Sessions throughout the state, click here.
Go here to see if your new callsign has been issued.